What is an Auxiliary Sail Endorsement?
The Auxiliary Sail endorsement is a provision added to a Master license and is designed for boat captains who operate sail vessels (with or without machinery propulsion) with passengers-for-hire onboard.
- Hold an OUPV or Master license
- 180 underway days aboard sail vessels for Inland, Great Lakes or 360 underway days aboard sail vessels for Near Coastal
- Self-paced online course typically takes 4 hours depending on experience level
- One final exam which can be taken at one of our nationwide approved testing sites
- 24/7 course availability. Mobile responsive content allows you to complete course work anytime, anywhere
- National Maritime Center approved for issuance and renewal of Master merchant mariner credential
- Fees include all course material and one sitting of your proctored exams
- From the time you start your first lesson, you have 26 weeks to complete the course & exams. Most students complete the course within 1 week
- Refund policy: All courses can be refunded within four weeks of purchase or the completion of one course module, whichever comes first
Military, First Responder, Veteran, and Group enrollment discounts are available.
Have more questions? Feel free to call, text, or email us. We’re happy to help.
There are no reviews yet.