Discover the Future
Continue to develop your commercial or recreational maritime skills with Pathfinder Maritime Training
Our Online Courses
Our courses have been reviewed by the National Maritime Center and are approved as licensing training
OUPV Upgrade to Master (100 Tons)$350.00
OUPV/Six-Pack License (Inland, Great Lakes and Near Coastal)$770.00
Auxiliary Sail Endorsement$170.00
OUPV to 200 Ton Master/Mate Upgrade$375.00
Master Increase in Scope to Near Coastal$295.00
Able Seaman with Lifeboatman Limited$750.00
Navigation Rules of the Road$200.00
NEW! OUPV Blended Course
PMT’s blended courses combine the best of online and in-person learning. Complete the online lessons and then attend the one day, hands-on training session—it’s the best of both worlds!
Best Selling Courses
View our top 3 best selling online courses
Bundle Courses and Save
Save 10% when you bundle Pathfinder Maritime Training courses
Modern E-Learning Software
Pathfinder Maritime Training employs industry leading, e-learning software, providing a user-friendly, frustration free experience.
- Mobile Responsive & AutoSync: Complete course work anytime, anywhere using any of your devices. AutoSync lets you seamlessly pickup where you left off
- Focus Mode: A distraction-free experience designed to increase learner retention & success rates
- Clean Interface: From student log-in to course quizzes, intentionally designed courses & intuitive interactions make earning your license a breeze
- End-to-End Service: From enrollment questions to licensing application, we’re here to assist throughout your entire licensing voyage
- Global Experience: Pathfinder Maritime Training has turned boaters into captains throughout the world. Similarly, our instructors have international & domestic sailing experience. Regardless of your homeport or destination, we’re ready to assist you
Frequently Asked Questions
What is a Captain’s license?
Technically, there is no such thing as a maritime captain’s license. There are Operator and Master licenses, which are referred to as Captain’s licenses. These allow the holder to carry passengers-for-hire on vessels and are legally required whenever you carry passengers-for-hire or engage in certain economic activities.
Who needs a Captain’s license?
Anyone who carries passengers-for-hire is legally required to hold an Operator or Master license. Operator of Uninspected Passenger Vessels (OUPV) holders can carry up to six passengers-for-hire. This is common among fishing guides, sightseeing tours, and water taxis. Master licenses are required when operating inspected vessels and/or carrying more than six passengers-for-hire.
How long do your courses take?
Course length depends upon the course. Check out the “Learn More” section of each course for course-specific details.
Are there any prerequisites?
Prerequisites depend upon the course. Check out the “Learn More” section of each course to learn about required prerequisites. Generally, each course has a minimum sea time requirement.
Is online learning right for me?
A myth of online learning is that “you learn alone.” With Pathfinder Maritime Training, this is far from the truth as we provide classroom-like learning support whenever needed. This approach is ideal for students with busy schedules who cannot commit to the schedules of in-person classes but are motivated to learn the material.
Not sure if its right for you? Contact us and let us help you make a decision.
Do you offer any discounts?
Yes! As a thank you for all they’ve done and do, we offer a military, first responder, and veteran discount.
Group enrollment discounts are available as well. A minimum of three people are required. This is a perfect solution for yacht & boat clubs, fishing & sailing teams, and professional organizations.
Contact us to learn more about discount pricing.